The benefits and ROI which result from OxBlue's construction camera service have been proven on thousands of projects. From the obvious reductions in travel time, to more important and substantial improvements in the situational awareness and decision making needed for successful project management, OxBlue delivers results.
Select ROI Success Examples:
- A testament to the success of OxBlue's
construction camera service is
that more than 93% of clients relocate cameras to new projects after the initial project has finished. In addition, 63% of clients order
additional OxBlue construction cameras after their initial experience with the service.
- The Georgia Institute of Technology completed a study of the
of high-resolution cameras in construction in 2008. The study concluded that "cameras are having a significant impact on projects" and that "a majority of respondents expressed a desire to continue their use on future projects."
- A leading national drugstore chain, which tracks hundreds of projects
each year, documented that developers using OxBlue construction cameras as part of their management efforts improved average store delivery time by 15
days. The result was more than $10,000 dollars in additional first-year profit per store.
- A developer for the same national drugstore chain indicated that conservative estimates showed more than $11,000 dollars per project were being saved in consultant expenses alone, as a result of more effective communication and improved site visit coordination.
Business Benefits & Jobsite Camera ROI
The OxBlue jobsite camera
system opens up new frontiers for improving project delivery. Nothing
comes close to being as inexpensive with such
a wide-ranging impact. By providing more accurate and timely
information, OxBlue jobsite cameras help all team members do their
Unlike technologies that have a steep learning curve and are
time consuming to implement, OxBlue delivers tangible benefits from day
one. All you need is the ability to point and click a mouse to start
Whether you are an owner, engineer, architect, project manager, field
superintendent, supplier, attorney, or executive manager, OxBlue can have
a strategic and tactical impact on your work.
These facts translate directly to faster schedules, better quality, and lowered
Jobsite Camera Benefits
An owner or general contractor using the system for its internal
Project Team Benefits
- Review daily progress / visually confirm jobsite conditions
- Document work schedules and contract compliance
- Confirm jobsite activities against other reporting methods
- Monitor delivery and handling of materials
- Observe construction sequences over time
- Hold others accountable for their actions on the site
- Monitor jobsite weather conditions
- Monitor safety compliance
- Use images to resolve claims and disputes
- Document as-built conditions
(beyond the camera purchaser) are allowed access to jobsite camera
images (collaborative use), the system helps improve
coordination, communication, and accountability across the project team.
Enterprise Benefits / Large Projects
- Improved construction and design coordination
- Improved understanding of the "big picture" (real project status)
among team members
- Reduced time-to-decision across the project team
- Better coordination among trade subcontractors
- Shared understanding of daily project status =
less confusion and miscommunication
- Undisputable record of rain days, material deliveries, and schedule
- Daily accountability for work progress
- Less time wasted on project updates
- Reduced need for travel to jobsite / better
project awareness between jobsite visits
On larger projects, multiple departments within an owner or contractor
organization often have a stake in the project, but communication
among these groups can be fragmented. The OxBlue system can
significantly improve communication and time-to-action among
internal groups by providing an easily accessible, up-to-the-minute
snapshot of project status.
Enterprise Benefits / Multiple Projects
- Delivers an on-demand, executive-level overview of project status
- Save time spent compiling status reports for stakeholders
- Promotes better decision making based on a more accurate daily picture of
- Efficiently meets the needs of different stakeholders:
- Project Controls
- Facilities Mgt.
When used across multiple projects, the benefits of the OxBlue system
increase. On complicated multi-project programs, the jobsite
cameras can be used as a tool for management by exception. By
cross-referencing schedules with OxBlue project images, managers can
quickly develop a sixth sense about which projects are headed for
trouble. Management can then deploy resources earlier in the process
to intervene on problem projects. The ability to remotely observe
progress (daily and hourly) on a troubled project is a powerful addition
to management's existing project controls tools.
Marketing / Business Development Benefits
OxBlue jobsite cameras can also serve as a powerful tool for
marketing and business development.
- A strong technology differentiator that owners value
- An effective way to showcase signature projects to stakeholders
- Compelling materials for your public website
- A strong impact at client presentations and tradeshows
- A clear demonstration of your capabilities, methods and results
- A testament to those that participated in the project
Return on Investment
The IMPACTS from OxBlue fall into three main categories:
A number of our long-term clients say OxBlue consistently provides a
level of intangible ("gut-level") return on
investment that exceeds almost any other type of technology investment.
This is due to several factors, summed up in
the following equation:
- Cost reductions (for example, the ability to reduce rework and wasted
man-hours through better coordination)
- Cost avoidances (for examples, less rework due to poor communication,
fewer hours spent resolving claims and disputes)
- Revenue increases (for example, early completion on a
retail project due to better coordination, leading to earlier
The OxBlue ROI Difference: [ (Impact/Effort) speed ]
Translation: High Impact (on project delivery)
divided by Effort (ease of use), squared
by Speed to action (near real-time decision making)
divided by Cost (the low cost of deploying the
system) = the OxBlue advantage
These are the keys to understanding the equation.
Impact on project delivery. The OxBlue system
can have a significant impact on project delivery. On smaller projects,
it is not uncommon for clients to save several days of rework because a
remote user is able to pinpoint an obvious mistake and intervene sooner
rather than later. For example, an engineer might notice that formwork for a
sidewalk was being place based on outdated plans. This might not have
been discovered until the engineer visited the site days later.
On larger projects, similar events happen, but the stakes are higher.
During erection of steel shapes on a complex bridge span, for example,
the ability for members of the remote design team to observe erection
sequences on a near-real-time basis could potentially avoid a
catastrophic accident. Less dramatic but still important is the
ability of key players to watch and comment in a way that wasn't
possible before inevitably leads to faster schedules, less rework
and higher quality.
Effort required to use the technology. The
effort (or learning curve) required to obtain the benefit from OxBlue is
very low. There is no need for software training and no need to change
existing business practices. You just point and click and look at the
pictures. From there, an experienced construction professional will
immediately know how to bring the knowledge to bear to impact project
delivery. OxBlue is in sync with the direct action methods of the
Speed to decision. This is the speed with which
a problem can be identified and acted on using the technology. With
OxBlue there are very few barriers – the user can see a problem
directly, pick up the phone, and make an impact. Scheduling software,
written reports, collaboration software, etc. require more effort –
reading, interpreting, getting past the technology.
Cost of implementing the technology. OxBlue's
pricing is extremely reasonable given the
combination of technologies delivered and the system's ease of use and
rock-solid reliability. Most technology
systems are an order of magnitude more costly to implement than OxBlue
and do not provide nearly as much immediate
and long-term positive impact.
OxBlue advantage: High Impact + Low Effort + near-instant Speed to